2017 Flagship Weekend Schedule Released For WSOP Players
Feb 7, 2017 NEWS
It’s time for some real poker action as the 48th World Series Of Poker kicks off with an extensive list of events lined up for the 2017 flagship weekend. As per the schedule released by the WSOP, signature events are due to be held on weekends. The six-week event will take place from 30th May to 17th July at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, and will feature daily deep stack tournaments, cash games, satellites and gold bracelet events. Last year, there were more than 50, 000 entries, and the numbers are expected to grow further this year. Enlisted below is the schedule:
· $565 Casino Employees (May 31st): Especially for casino staff, this event features No-Limit Hold’em with single re-entry format.
· $565 Colossus III (June 2-4): From 10 AM to 4PM there will be two starting flights for three consecutive days.
· $1500 Millionaire Maker(June 10-11): There will be one starting flight on each day at 10 AM
· $1500 No-Limit Hold’Em Tournament (June 17)
· $1000 Seniors & Super Seniors(June 24-25)
· $888 Crazy Eights (July 1-2): A couple of starting flights for 2 consecutive days from 10 AM to $ PM
· $10,000/$1000 Ladies Championship (July 7): 90% discount No-Limit Hold’em for Ladies
· $10,000 Main Event (July 8-10)
· $1000 Little One for One Drop (July 11-13): Three successive flights at 3 PM
Final 9 players will battle it out in the main event on 17th of July.
Overview of the Events
Designated by WSOP as the largest live poker event, the re-entry no-limit hold-em Colossus III will feature a guaranteed $1 million prize for the first place, allowing a single re-entry for every flight. In the first couple of years, it has attracted almost 44,000 entries, with more than $10.8 million in the pool last year.
With $1 million cash prize to be won in this no-limit hold’em poker, this event attracted over 7000 entries in 2016, boasting a $9.7 million prize pool. Jammed into this schedule is the $1500 No-Limit Hold’em Event, which will take place during the EDC Music Festival in Vegas.
For those who are aged 50 and above can take part in this event, and also have one re-entry during the registration period. This championship is limited to single flight. The Super Seniors tournament is for participants aged 65 and above, with the same re-entry format.
Monsters Stack and The Crazy Eights
The Monster Stack comes with a single entry freezeout format with more than $9 million prize pool and more than 7000 entries. On the other hand, the Crazy Eights promises its winner an amount of $888,888, with unlimited re-entry during open registration.
Little One For Drop
This charity poker tournament is the final special event of the World Series, featuring a $1000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em structures and countless re-entries during registration. Players can add $111 for charity, in order to double the starting chip stacks in this gold bracelet event.